1. COMPETITION DESCRIPTION AND WEBSITE
“We are Energy” is a prize competition conceived by the promoter Enel S.p.A. (hereinafter “Enel”), organised by the delegated entity Librì Progetti Educativi S.r.l. and intended for the children of employees of Enel Group companies (hereafter also “Colleagues”).
The competition aims to raise awareness of Enel Group’s main strategic pillars and encourage active, open and collaborative participation by Colleagues’ children, at whom the competition is aimed.
Each year the “We are Energy” competition focuses on one of the strategic themes supported by Enel Group. In particular, the 2022 edition is dedicated to Open Innovability® and the energy transition, themes that will be explored through the “NEXTRAORDINARY” metaphor. This will be the reference context in which the subjects and games related to the “We are Energy – Join the Nextraordinary” (hereafter the “Competition”) will be developed and explained
This is why the key claim of the 2022 edition of the Competition will be “Join the Nextraordinary”.
The dedicated Competition site (“weareenergy.enel.com”) consists of an explanatory page containing content on the Competition theme and on how to register for its Community. This page may be accessed only after carrying out the initial registration procedure. The Community is made up of Colleagues employed by the Enel Group and their children (hereafter the “COMMUNITY”).
All colleagues may register in the dedicated area, regardless of whether or not they want to enrol their children in the competition.
Once their registration has been completed, they will be able to proceed, if interested, with the registration of their children in the Competition.
“The registration in the COMMUNITY area by the children of Enel colleagues enrolled in the Competition allows them to participate in the following activities:
- accessing in-depth educational content created for the Competition,
- participating in certain interactive games,
- participating in 3 competition challenges, as described in paragraph 6.
The participant’s behaviour in the COMMUNITY area, in relation to the above-mentioned activities, will be analysed in order to establish a ranking of the most active participants in the COMMUNITY. This will enable participants to access first-level challenges.
2. COMPETITION PARTICIPANTS
Only Colleagues’ children who are at least 7 years old on 12 July 2022, and are under 19 on 21 July 2022, can participate in the “We are Energy 2022” Competition.
3. COMPETITION DURATION
From 18 January 2022 to 9 May 2022, participants will be able to register in the COMMUNITY area on the weareenergy.enel.com website, and then explore the available content, play, send their contributions and their final participating projects in the various challenge levels of the Competition’s relative sections.
The winners will be identified no later than 24 May 2022.
Prizes will be awarded no later than 21 July 2022.
4. HOW TO REGISTER
To register with the COMMUNITY, you need to access the “weareenergy.enel.com” website and perform the following actions:
ENEL COLLEAGUE REGISTRATION
- Select your Country and enter your company e-mail address;
- Click on the link received in your company email;
- Correctly fill in the entry form and choose a password to activate your user profile;
- On completion of registration, a message will automatically be sent to your company e-mail address confirming you have signed up to the COMMUNITY;
Any Colleague may register with the COMMUNITY, even if they do not intend to register their children.
REGISTERING AN ENEL EMPLOYEE’S CHILD
If a Colleague wishes to enter one or more children in the Competition, the following procedure applies in addition to registration of the Colleague on the COMMUNITY area:
- Click on “add child”
- Write the email address of the Colleague’s sons or daughters. Colleagues are not permitted to use their company e-mail address to enter a child in the Competition.
- Enter the name, surname and date of the birth of the child
- Accept the present Rules and the Privacy document
- A message will automatically be sent to the e-mail address of the entrant, who must to click on the link received, fill in any missing details in their personal profile and choose their password to complete registration;
- On completion of the child’s registration, a message will automatically be sent to the entrant’s e-mail address, confirming activation of the account.
INDEPENDENT REGISTRATION OF ENEL COLLEAGUE CHILDREN
If a Colleague’s son or daughter intends to register independently, they will have to perform the following actions:
- Enter their personal e-mail address;
- choose a password;
- fill in the fields relating to their personal data;
- Enter the corporate e-mail address of the parent who is an employee of the Enel Group;
- Click on the link received in their personal mailbox;
- Once the registration process has been completed, an e-mail will be automatically sent to the would-be participant’s personal e-mail address, confirming the activation of their account and reminding them that in order to participate, their parent must in turn complete the activation of their profile;
- Simultaneously, a communication will be automatically sent to the corporate e-mail address of the would-be participant’s Enel-employed parent, containing a link that enables:
- The Enel Colleague to sign up as a member of the COMMUNITY, creating their personal profile;
- and to complete their request for allowing their son or daughter’s participation in the competition, accepting its Rules and its Privacy information.
- On acceptance of the Competition Rules, a message will be automatically sent to the personal e-mail address of the son or daughter wishing to take part in the Competition, confirming the successful completion of the validation process by their parent.
The personal data of each participant will not be visible to other participants or Enel colleagues.
The only public data visible to other participants or colleagues will be: the country of origin, the participant’s username, and the elements chosen during the personalisation of their profile (Image and username).
5. HOW TO TAKE PART IN THE COMPETITION
The use of the COMMUNITY area of the weareenergy.enel.com site is automatically differentiated according to the participant’s age, declared at the time of registration.
In this way, participation in the various proposed levels of the competition is automatically differentiated by 3 age groups:
- Group 7-11 years
- Group 12-14 years
- Group 15-18 years
Participants of the three age groups have 3 different challenges at their disposal, differing in complexity according to their age groups.
All the participants of each age group will be able to compete for all three of the challenges dedicated to their group.
Each participant will be able to win each or all of the three challenges devoted to their age group.
6. DESCRIPTION OF THE COMPETITION CHALLENGES
6.1 FIRST-LEVEL CHALLENGE:
Each participant can accumulate points based on the activities they perform concerning the contents of the Community.
Their score is calculated on the basis of the following factors: number of single pages viewed, methods and depth of interaction with the pages, the number of downloads of in-depth sheets, the videos viewed and for how long, and the number of links for further information activated.
Evaluation criteria concerning the first-level challenge:
The scores awarded to each participant during the first-level challenge will be used to form an overall ranking. On the specified deadline (see Dates section below), the 10 highest scoring participants in each age group ranking will be proclaimed winners of the first level challenge. Consequently, the first-level challenge foresees a total of 30 winners.
Identifying the winners of the first-level challenge:
In accordance with the provisions of Article 9 of Italy’s Presidential Decree n.430 of 2001, the identification of the winners of the first-level challenge will be carried out in the presence of the person in charge of consumer protection and public faith competent for the territory.
04/02/2022 – challenge start date
04/03/2022 – ranking closes at 12.00 GMT + 1, followed by prize announcements and awards.
The prizes on offer for the competition’s first-level challenge consist of Amazon purchase vouchers for a value of €100.00 for each winner, to be used compatibly with the legislation applied in their country of reference. The voucher can be used by the winners through the purchase of materials and objects in the Amazon Wishlist called “WAE2022_1Challenge”, to be selected by the winners.
Every participant in the first-level challenge has the chance to win one (1) Amazon voucher worth €100,00, based on total prize money of € 3,000.
6.2 SECOND-LEVEL CHALLENGE
A collaborative game, differentiated according to the three age groups, will be published on the weareenergy.enel.com site in the COMMUNITY area.
The aim of each participant will be to collect “resource-objects” through their research, combinations, and exchanges with other participants and creations. The activities carried out by participants during the game will generate a score, created by an algorithm that will take into account the number of resources gathered, the number of resources generated and shared, the appreciations obtained by their proposals and the intensity of their relationships with other participants.
The winners will be the participants with the highest scores.
Second-level challenge evaluation criteria:
The score will be generated by an algorithm that will take into account the number of resources collected, the number of resources generated and shared, the appreciations obtained by their proposals and the intensity of the relationships with other participants.
The scores collected on all participants during the second level challenge will make up an overall ranking. On the specified deadline (see Dates section below), the participant for each age group and for each country with the highest ranking position will be proclaimed the winner of the second-level challenge.
For the second-level challenge, therefore, there is one (1) winner by age group and one by country of origin.
Identifying the winners of the second-level challenge:
The identification of the winners of the second-level challenge will be carried out, in accordance with the provisions of Article 9 of the Italian Presidential Decree n.430 of 2001, in the presence of the person in charge of consumer protection and public faith competent for the territory.
04/03/2022 – challenge start date
04/04/2022 – ranking closes at 12.00 GMT + 1, followed by prize announcements and awards.
The prizes on offer for the second-level challenge consist of ‘daily experiences’ offered to the winner and their family members (max 4 people), for a value of roughly €200.00 each. The experiences (for example, but not limited to: visiting a museum, going on a guided tour or exploring an innovational site…) will take place in the winner’s city of residence or in the surrounding area, and will be fully paid for. The prize can be used by the winner via agreements and arrangements with organisers in their country of reference and compatibly with the legislation applied in that country.
Every participant in the second-level challenge has the chance to win one (1) experience worth roughly €200 based on an estimated total prize money of € 9,000.
6.3 THIRD-LEVEL CHALLENGE
On the weareenergy.enel.com website, each participant can develop a personal project. Each personal project must describe an innovational challenge related to a theme proposed by the platform or proposed by the participant themselves, in both cases connected with the 2030 Agenda Goals.
The participants must fill in a predetermined form that provides suggestions and enables the insertion of texts, images and videos (the technical specifications for uploading the files will be indicated (i.e. dimensions, formats, etc.); on the form they will be able to explain their choice of challenge, what resources they consider useful to apply to it, and how they could be used to create and implement an innovative response to the challenge.
During the challenge, participants will also have the opportunity to interact with other participants who have chosen their same theme, using dedicated digital spaces, in an Open Innovability® perspective.
Each participant will have the opportunity to create a draft project on their personal page. Once completed and published, it will be visible in a gallery within the COMMUNITY.
Third-level challenge evaluation criteria:
110 winners of the third-level challenge will be selected, from among all the participants.
The winners of the third-level challenge will be selected by a jury, which will evaluate the participants’ works in a discretionary and indisputable manner, based on various parameters, such as (for example but not limited to) relevance to the theme, originality of the idea, creativity and expressive impact, care of details, general commitment, and degree of collaboration with other community participants in carrying out the project (to which the jury will pay specific attention).
Any non-original document containing information (on paper or in digital form), video material or other material owned by third parties or the Enel Group will be rejected.
The jury’s evaluation of the works, following the above criteria, will be carried out while respecting the total anonymity of the participants.
If a selected winner or winners renounce their participation, they will be replaced by the next highest scoring participant within the internal ranking drawn up by the jury.
The jury also reserves the right to assign “special mentions” to some of the winning projects.
Identification of the winners of the third-level challenge:
The identification of the winners of the third-level challenge will be carried out by the deadline indicated in the Dates section below, in accordance with the provisions of Article 9 of the Italian Presidential Decree n.430 of 2001, in the presence of the person in charge of consumer protection and public faith competent for the territory.
The jury will be composed of employees of the Enel Group, selected from among the personal assistants of the directors and the heads of various company functions, including the internal and external communication and personnel management functions.
The final composition of the final jury will be published on the weareenergy.enel.com website.
04/04/2022 – start date of third-level challenge
09/05/2022 – date of third-level challenge conclusion, ranking closes at 12.00 GMT + 1
By 24/05/2022 – Definition of the third challenge winners
from 12 to 21 July 2022 – prize awards
The prize for the winners of the third-level challenge consists of their ticket for participating in the international campus which will take place in Italy from 12 to 21 July 2022, compatibly with the state of the measures adopted at the time by the competent authorities in the field of containment and management of the COVID-19 epidemiological emergency.
If participation in the aforementioned international campus cannot be guaranteed, Enel S.p.A. reserves the right to evaluate, together with the Librì Progetti Educativi Srl company, any alternative methods of participation or to identify a different substitute prize.
The jury reserves the right to assign an additional recognition to projects deserving a “special mention”, which will be decided by the jury.
Every participant in the third-level challenge, therefore, has the chance of winning a place in the final campus event, which is estimated will have a total cost of €188,000.
Announcement of winners and prize-giving.
The final ranking of the winners of the third-level challenge will be published on the company intranet no later than 24 May 2022. Likewise, in the event that it is not possible to assign the prize ticket for participation in the international campus referred to above, as a result of the regulatory framework connected to the epidemiological emergency, Enel will provide adequate information on the company intranet.
All Competition entrants will receive a surprise free gift.
7. OVERALL PRIZE MONEY
Given the above indications on 6.1 Prizes, 6.2 Prizes and 6.3 Prizes, the estimated total prize money of the Competition amounts to € 200,000.
8. GROUNDS FOR EXCLUSION
9. AUTHORISATIONS, GUARANTEES AND INDEMNITIES
By uploading videos, photos and documents to the COMMUNITY area and thus accepting these Competition Rules, participants:
- commit themselves to indemnify Enel S.p.A, Librì Progetti Educativi Srl and all the companies belonging to the Enel Group for any disputes by third parties;
- authorise Enel S.p.A., Librì Progetti Educativi Srl and all the companies belonging to the Enel Group to use their videos, photos and documents for the purpose of conducting the Competition;
- definitively cede to Enel S.p.A., free of charge, all property rights and use of videos, photos or documents on all means of communication both off-line and on-line in Italy and abroad (present and / or in future) for related promotional and dissemination purposes concerning the contest;
- guarantee that they have obtained all the necessary disclaimers and permissions for the use and dissemination of the material submitted, and that therefore the reproduction and use by the Enel SpA, Librì Progetti Educativi Srl and all the companies belonging to the Enel Group will not result in any violation of the rights of third parties;
- guarantee that no material sent is in violation of rules of law and that the content of videos, photos and documents is in no way obscene, defamatory, profane, racist, vulgar, offensive or in violation of intellectual property rights, moral rights, rights safeguarding the personal data of third parties;
Moreover, with reference to participation in the Competition, please note that:
- all brands and other trademarks mentioned or reproduced on the website and the content of the latter are the exclusive property of Enel S.p.A.;
- all data, documents and information of any kind (nothing excluded or excepted), made available to participants by any means (offline or online) by Enel S.p.A. remain the exclusive property of Enel S.p.A.;
- as of now, the participants irrevocably authorise Enel S.p.A., without any remuneration being due in this regard, to communicate, reveal and / or publish the projects they sent to Enel S.p.A. as part of the third-level challenge.
10. GENERAL TERMS
- ONLUS – The corresponding values of unassigned or unsolicited prizes, other than those expressly refused, will be donated, as required by current legislation, to the following non-profit body: Enel Cuore, Viale Regina Margherita 137 – 00198 Roma, Fiscal Code n° 97317010581.
- SERVER: The prize competition management server is located in Italy, and is specifically located at the data Center owned by SeeWeb Srl, in Milan, in Via Caldera 21, Green Building wing 2, post-code 20153. The data of the participants in the competition will be gathered by this server and will be collected and stored in compliance with current legislation on the protection of personal data.